"Flying Scud" in Dundee Harbour - Ref: WC0826
This photograph by Alexander Wilson shows the "Flying Scud", which was built in 1877 by Jones, Neath Abbey of Briton Ferry for E. Rosser of Swansea for towing. She was an iron paddle steam tug.
She was sold and registered in Dundee in 1892 as a 'steam trawler' with the serial DE 48. She was owned by George Shallcross.
She was transferred to Peterhead owners in 1895 and her registry in Dundee was cancelled on 30th May. Immediately behind the vessel is the Crown Hotel in Dundee's Greenmarket.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.