Eastern Club, Dundee - Ref: WC2118
Built in 1869. Demolished Nov/Dec 1967 to make way for the building of Dundee Savings bank now Lloyds TSB. The building was deemed unfit for use as a bank.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.