Dudhope Free Church, Interior, Dundee - Ref: WC1807
Dudhope Free Church, Lochee Road was opened on 1st November 1840. The architect was George Angus. In this photograph the interesting horseshoe layout is clearly seen.
Arches are a very noticeable repeating architectural feature in this church. The organ, also clearly visible in the photograph, was put into the church in April, 1900.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.