Decorations on Albion House, Nethergate, Dundee - Ref: WC1786
Albion House, on the corner of Union Street and the Nethergate, was started by William Moon and John Langlands, drapers. There followed many changes of ownership and control.
Thomas Blakeney bought the premises but then moved to a larger site in Whitehall Street. The shop then became, William Menzies, drapers. More recently it has been a bank.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.