Central Fire Station, Bell Street, Dundee - Ref: WC1138
The building was built in 1900 and has accommodation for eight married men. The ground floor is used as Duty Room, Fire master's office, Engine Room, stable, Harness room. Washing space and drill yard at the rear.
The cost of buildings and appliances were about £8000. The first floor contained the Fire masters and Deputy Fire master's houses and the second floor and attic were the fireman's houses.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.