Caw's Restaurant, 26 Panmure Street, Dundee - Ref: WC1137
The name of "Caws" survives today in the same location although it now Caw's Public Bar and has been re-numbered 25 Panmure Street. The different double window with door in the middle is how it appears today.
Panmure Street was opened in 1893 and named after William Ramsay Maule, first Baron of Panmure. Today it is a busy city centre street.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.