Castle Street and Shore Terrace, Dundee - Ref: WC1056
This photograph by Alexander Wilson shows the corner of Shore Terrace, running from west to east and left to right, and Castle Street, running northwards to Dundee's High Street to the right.
The Dundee, Perth & London Shipping Co., whose manager in 1904 was J. W. Kidd, were at No. 5 Shore Terrace. No. 7 was the wine & spirits merchant, Dalgairns, and Nos. 9-11 were William & C. Norrie & son, cabinetmakers and upholsterers.
No. 12 was Mrs Peter Devoto (nee Margaret Jane Payne), confectioner and ice-cream maker. Above, at No. 13, were the laboratories of George Macdougald, the public analyst. Charles Falconer, listed as manufacturer, was at No. 14.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.