Castle Lane, Dundee - Ref: WC0069
Castle Lane was located at the foot of Crichton Street and south end of the Greenmarket. The Caird Hall and City Chambers cover this area now. This is Castle Lane viewed from the Greenmarket.
The arch on the left-hand side of the picture is the entrance to the Vault so called because it was the Kirkyard of St Clements church at one time.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.