Baldovan Village, Dundee - Ref: WC1830
Baldovan village was developed in the 1830s after a decision was made to expand Dundee to the north. The estate of Baldovan has passed through many hands. It was owned by the Scrymgeor family, the Nairne's of Fife, the Wedderburns then it was purchased by Walter Tullidelph around 1740.
His eldest daughter,Charlotte, married Sir John Ogilvie of Inverquharity and they acquired the estate. The village became a proud independent community with their own tram terminus. The village is no longer there having been swallowed up in Dundee's redevelopment.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.