Baldovan, Kirkcaldy's Cottage, Dundee - Ref: WC1831
Baldovan village was developed in the mid 19th century. At this time the estate of Baldovan was owned by the Ogilvie's of Inverquharity. It had previously been owned by the Scrymgeor family, the Nairne's of Fife the Wedderburns and Dr. Walter Tullidelph who purchased the estate around 1740.
It then passed on to Walter Tullidelph's daughter, Charlotte and her husband, Sir John Ogilvie. The village became a proud independent community.This can be seen in this photograph of Kirkcaldy's white-washed cottage with the decorative topiary in the garden.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.