Albert Square - east side, Dundee - Ref: WC4223
In the photograph there is a Telegraph Office, Scottish Union and National Company Office, Charles Batchelor, Ironmongers, American Cable Office and Prudential Assurance Buildings.
The Caledonian Insurance Building, Meadowside at the right hand side of the picture was designed by John Murray Robertson in 1886. The Prudential Building was designed by Andrew Waterhouse and Son in 1895.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.