Reres Hill, Broughty Ferry – Reres Hill belonged to the 13th Earl of Dalhousie (1805–1880), and was secured to the Burgh of Broughty Ferry in 1868 as a Public Park, and improved by the layout out of walls, and making it popular as a resort for the people. In the year of the First Jubilee of Queen Victoria (1887), Provost Orchar caused the old wall to be removed and replaced by a modern structure, surmounted by iron-work. Archways were designed by Mr T.S. Roberson, architect. Above the doorway is a bas relief sculpture of the head of Queen Victoria, together with carvings of the Scottish and the Imperial Coat of Arms. This work was accomplished at the expense of Provost Orchar, and Reres Hill became a favourite resort of the residents.
Source: ‘Glimpses of Old and New Dundee’ – A.H. Millar, January 1925