Streetwise: Lochee Park

Name Plate

Lochee Park, which lies to the North of Balgay Hill, contains 23 acres, and was presented by Messrs. Cox Brothers, Camperdown Works, in 1890 and partly endowed by them. It is reserved for recreative purposes, and provision is made for football, cricket and golf, as well as a gymnasium for children.

Source: ‘Glimpses of Old and New Dundee’ – A.H. Millar, January 1925