Fintry Place, Broughty Ferry, preserves of the old name of the Grahams of Fintry, long associated with Dundee. One member of this family built Mains Castle.
An ancient building known as “Graham of Fintry’s Chaplainry” stood in one of the Closes that was cleared away when Gellatly Street was formed.
It had been the dwelling-house of Robert Graham of Fintry, who was four times Provost of Dundee after 1466; and who gave his house in 1493 to support a Chaplain at the Church of St. Mary.
Source: ‘Glimpses of Old and New Dundee’ – A.H. Millar, January 1925