Projected in 1824 (with Reform Street) to link Willison Street and Reform Street. Partially laid out in 1832. Cut through ridge of whinstone. Connected with Barrack Street by 1871. Named after Bank of Scotland erected at junction with Reform Street. South east side of street redeveloped 1960s but 19th century frontages maintained on both sides. South west junction with Barrack Street destroyed to facilitate access ramp to roof of car park.
Source: ‘Historic Dundee – The Archaeological Implications of Development’, Scottish Burgh Survey 1988