Fees and Charges
If you cannot find what you require in the library, please ask a member of staff. A request service is available. There is a minimal charge for this service.
- 60 pence for those aged 18 to 59
- 30 pence for those aged 60 and over
- Those under 18 may request items free of charge.
- Up to one week - 20 pence per item
- Over one week - 40 pence per item
- Over two weeks - 60 pence per item
- Over three weeks - 80 pence per item
- Over four weeks - £1 per item
- Over five weeks - £2.00 per item (maximum amount per item)
- Those under 18 or over 60 are exempt from charges
An inter-library loan service is available for non-fiction material that is not available in the library. The charges are as follows:
- £5.50 per item for individuals
- £10 for businesses
- DVD Box sets £2.00
- New releases £1.50
- Every Thursday and Friday from 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm you can hire 1 DVD and get another free of charge (please note the cheapest title is free) at Central Library
- Back catalogue £1.00
- World Cinema £1.00
- Children's back catalogue Free
- On Saturday hire one, get one free - 9.00 am to 1 pm at Community Libraries.
Black and White
- A4 and A3 - 20 pence per sheet
Colour A4 Paper (Central Library only)
- 1 to 10 copies £1 each
- 11+ copies 60 pence
Colour A3 Paper (Central Library only)
- 1 to 10 copies £1.30 each (including VAT reduction)
- 11+ copies £1 each
Other Charges (Central Library only)
- Light card, add 10 pence per copy
- Double sided copies, add 50%
- Acetates are £2.00 each (including VAT reduction)
Printing from Public Access PCs
- All black on white prints 25 pence per sheet. No free copies.
- All colour prints 40 pence per sheet. No free copies.
- £1 for replacement ticket.
To send a fax there is a £1 handling charge, plus the following charge per sheet:
- Within the UK - 50 pence
- Europe - £1 (Central Library only)
- All other countries - £2.10 (Central Library only)