Book It, Use It, Learn It
Take advantage of the free computer and Internet access facilities to improve your skills with the help of library staff ... available in all libraries.
What facilities are available?
- Wi-fi Service available - read more
- Search for information
- Send and receive an email
- Create your CV
- Access to a variety of software packages
- Computer taster sessions
Can I book?
Booking is advisable either in person or by telephone from any library/learning centre citywide. Computers can be booked in ½ hour sessions for a maximum of 2 hours.
For information on our charges, visit the 'fees and charges' section.
Printing from Public Access PCs
- All black on white prints 25 pence per sheet. No free copies.
- All colour prints 40 pence per sheet. No free copies.
What if I need help?
Staff are available to provide individual taster sessions for up to one hour for basic PC and Internet skills. These can be booked at all libraries.
- Universal Jobmatch (733KB PDF)
- Creating your own Facebook page (308KB PDF)
- Wellbeing website (288KB PDF)
- Shopping online (507KB PDF)
- Using YouTube (556KB PDF)
- Using Wikipedia (563KB PDF)
- Your Computer Keyboard (392KB PDF)
- BBC Skillwise (520KB PDF)
- Creating your own Hotmail Email Account (93KB PDF)
- Using your Hotmail Email Account (630KB PDF)
- Creating a Twitter Account (291KB PDF)
- Using your Twitter Account (248KB PDF)
- Creating your Gmail Account (494KB PDF)
- Using your Gmail Account (613KB PDF)
- Windows 8 Beginners Guide (108KB PDF)
- Computer Terminology (87KB PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (46KB PDF)
For details of all library opening hours, visit the 'opening hours' section.