Book It, Use It, Learn It
Take advantage of the free computer and Internet access facilities to improve your skills with the help of library staff ... available in all libraries.
What facilities are available?
- Wi-fi Service available - read more
- Search for information
- Send and receive an email
- Create your CV
- Access to a variety of software packages
- Computer taster sessions
Can I book?
Booking is advisable either in person or by telephone from any library/learning centre citywide. Computers can be booked in ½ hour sessions for a maximum of 2 hours.
For information on our charges, visit the 'fees and charges' section.
Printing from Public Access PCs
- All black on white prints 25 pence per sheet. No free copies.
- All colour prints 40 pence per sheet. No free copies.
What if I need help?
Staff are available to provide individual taster sessions for up to one hour for basic PC and Internet skills. These can be booked at all libraries. You may find it useful to download one of our user guides:-
- Essential Keyboard Key User Guide (197KB PDF)
- Surfing the Internet (460KB PDF)
- Creating a Twitter Account (292KB PDF)
- Using Your Twitter Account (249KB PDF)
- Creating a Hotmail Account (838KB PDF)
- Using Your Hotmail Account
For details of all library opening hours, visit the 'opening hours' section.