Book It, Use It, Learn It
Take advantage of the free computer and Internet access facilities to improve your skills with the help of library staff ... available in all libraries.
What facilities are available?
- Wi-fi Service available - read more
- Search for information
- Send and receive an email
- Create your CV
- Access to a variety of software packages
- Computer taster sessions
Can I book?
Booking is advisable either in person or by telephone from any library/learning centre citywide. Computers can be booked in ½ hour sessions for a maximum of 2 hours.
For information on our charges, visit the 'fees and charges' section.
Printing from Public Access PCs
- All black on white prints 25 pence per sheet. No free copies.
- All colour prints 40 pence per sheet. No free copies.
What if I need help?
Staff are available to provide individual taster sessions for up to one hour for basic PC and Internet skills. These can be booked at all libraries. You may find it useful to download one of our user guides:-
- MS Word User Guide (304KB PDF)
- MS Excel User Guide (299KB PDF)
- MS Access User Guide (1.4MB PDF)
- Essential Keyboard Key User Guide (197KB PDF)
- Surfing the Internet (460KB PDF)
- Scanning Steps User Guide (172KB PDF)
- Creating a Twitter Account (292KB PDF)
- Using Your Twitter Account (249KB PDF)
- Creating a Bebo Account (215KB PDF)
- Using Your Bebo Account (322KB PDF)
- Creating a Hotmail Account (838KB PDF)
- Using Your Hotmail Account
- Conversion of a Docx Document (158KB PDF)
For details of all library opening hours, visit the 'opening hours' section.
You may find 'Webwise', the BBC's guide to using the Internet useful.