Pain Association - Dundee Area Group 2021 Programme
Venues Vary (inside Dundee) | Booking Required
Dundee Area Group 2021 Programme (Venue to be confirmed)
Meetings are held Tuesday 10.30am-12.30pm
Tues 12th Jan - Goal Setting and Taking Back Control
Tues 9th Feb - What is Chronic Pain?
Tues 9th March - Identifying and Managing Stress
Tues 6th April - Nutrition for Health
Tues 11th May - Pacing Yourself
Tues 8th June - Relaxation
Tues 10th Aug - Promoting a more Positive Self
Tues 7th Sep - Sleep and Pain:Overcoming the Difficulties
Tues 5th Oct - Baselines and Fear Avoidance
Tues 9th Nov - Flare Ups- Knowing and Planning
Tues 7th Dec - Communication
* This is a professionally led training group for people with all forms of chronic pain. Sessions focus on building skills that help you to regain control and cope more effectively. You are welcome to attend at any point during the programme. You do not need to be referred by your Doctor.
* COVID-19 means that we do not know when we will be able to restart face-to-face sessions. When we do resume sessions, there may be a limit on the size of group we are allowed to hold,so please phone or e-mail our office to register for each meeting you wish to attend.
The Association are taking the following steps to help prevent transmission of Covid-19. Before and during each session:
* You will need to register your intention to attend no later than two days before the meeting.
* You can do this by ringing 0800 783 6059 and leaving a message stating your name and which group you wish to attend i.e. Joe Blogs and Dundee.
* You can also email email@example.com with your name and which group to wish to attend i.e. Joe Blogs and Dundee.
* Registering will be done on a first come serve basis and we will let you know if there are no further places available for that session.
* We will have the necessary hand sanitiser and training officers will be wearing whatever PPE is required.
* You will be asked to follow the guidelines as required by the Scottish Government and the venue. Please wear a face mask unless you have an exemption from doing so.
* Please arrive on time as if you arrive late you may be turned away.
* Please bring your own refreshments and cups for the break.
* Any handouts will be left on your chair rather than be passed round.
If the venue is unavailable the meeting will take place online via Zoom.
To join the Zoom meetings please email
firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, a contact
telephone number and which group you wish to join i.e. Dundee.
The latest updates on the meetings can be found on our website www.painassociation.co.uk
and on Social Media: Twitter @PainAssocScot Instagram painassocscot
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you at the sessions. Partial funding for this project from NHS Tayside.
Information published by Leisure and Culture Dundee.
Promoted By: Pain Association Scotland
Tuesday 11th May 2021 10:30am
Tuesday 8th June 2021 10:30am
Tuesday 10th August 2021 10:30am
Tuesday 7th September 2021 10:30am
Tuesday 5th October 2021 10:30am
Tuesday 9th November 2021 10:30am
Tuesday 7th December 2021 10:30am
Need this in a different language?