Y.M.C.A., Constitution Road, Dundee - Ref: WC1368
This photograph is taken from the south side of Euclid Crescent in Dundee, looking westwards into Constitution Road, with the Ward Chapel at the left, the Y.M.C.A. building centrally, (currently 2016, Volunteer Centre 10 Constitution Road) and a United Free Church to the right.
The Watt Institution, which was established to provide an education to the young gentlemen of the town, built a new building in 1840, when they outgrew their previous facilities in Bank Street.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.