Woodhaven - Ref: WC3198
Woodhaven, a village in Forgan Parish in Fife on the Firth of Tay, opposite Dundee and 1 mile south-west of Newport. The large house in the picture is the old granary building which served as a hospital for boys from the "Mars" training ship.
Woodhaven, till the year 1822 there had been, from time immemorial, two public ferries in the parish communicating with Dundee across the Tay, one at Woodhaven and another at Newport.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.