Woodhaven, Wormit - Ref: WC3205
The village and pier of Woodhaven was the northern starting point for the coach across Fife to Pettycur by way of the Flass Road. The pier at Woodhaven was until the 19th Century the most important ferry landing for journeys to Dundee.
The large house in the background was the old granary buildings owned by the Tayfield Estate, and served as a hospital for boys from the "Mars" training ship.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.