Wesleyan Methodist Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1449
The memorial stone for this Ward Road church was laid on the 6th July, 1866. It opened on the 13th June, 1867. The congregation had moved from a church in Tally Street which had become too small.
The church was designed to hold 700. A school containing two classrooms and a vestry were built underneath the church. Today, (2001) the building is a night club with the frontage painted peach.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.