Vault, Dundee - Ref: WC2141
This photograph shows the white-washed arched passageway which leads to the Vault. Castle Lane is straight ahead with the Greenmarket in the forefront. The spire of St Paul's Cathedral can be seen in the centre.
On the corner site are the premises of George Willsher, wine merchant. Another of the many spirit dealers in the area, visible on the other side of the street in the photograph, was run by Mrs D Lowden.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.