The Vault, Dundee - Ref: WC0664
This photograph in fact shows the junction of The Vault and St Clement's Lane, which ran towards one another at the back of Dundee's Town House, having originated on the High Street.
The businesses shown are rather problematic, in that neither is listed in the Dundee Directory and no other source of information is forthcoming. In fact, it seems to have been Dundee Directory policy not to list anything to do with shooting.
The Harrow, a public house, might have been Mrs Margaret Nicoll's establishment at No. 17 Vault or Bernard. McMillan at No. 6, Miss Margaret Stewart at No. 20 or Mrs M. Carmichael at Nos. 18 and 22 St Clement's Lane.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.