Town Cross, Scone - Ref: WC3140
Town Cross, Scone in the south east of Perthshire on the east bank of the River Tay. The Earl of Mansfield is the principal landowner. The old cross is all that remains of the old town.
The cross consists of an up-right pillar 13 feet high, slightly ornamented at the the top standing on a pedestal, surrounded by steps and gradually diminishing to a small flat octagonal stage from which the cross stands.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.