Tally Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0617
This photograph shows Dundee's Tally Street from the south end looking towards the junction with the Overgate and leading into Barrack Street in the distance.
A. Louis Reis and Co., watchmakers, jewellers and opticians, were at No. 19 Nethergate, with William Ferrier's photographic studios above at No. 1 Tally Street.
Beyond Church Lane was John Robertson and Co., who also had a shop at No. 50 South Tay Street, and a workshop in Mid Street, off Constitution Road. John Robertson himself lived at 4 Lorne Terrace, Mayfield.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.