Strawberry Bank, Dundee - Ref: WC0615
Strawberrybank in Dundee is a small street running from Perth Road in the north to Magdalen Yard Road in the south. This Alexander Wilson photograph matches Ordnance Survey map 54.9.6 in showing the layout of No. 14.
There are suggestions that this building was the manse of St Peter's Church, Perth Road, in which capacity it was once home to the prominent mid-19th-century clergyman, Rev. Robert Murray McCheyne. This has not been confirmed.
The Dundee Directory lists No. 14 in 1909-10 as the home of Mrs W. D. Drummond (of whom nothing is known), and No. 16 as that of a teacher at Hawkhill Public School, David Dawson (in both 1908-09 and 1909-10).
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.