St John's Church, Perth Road, Dundee - Ref: WC2131
The imposing spire of St John's Church is clearly visible in the centre of this photograph.The church was designed by architect, James Hutton, in 1884. It is situated on a corner site on the Perth Road and Roseangle.
The flat-roofed building in Airlie Place, just visible through the trees to the right of the church, is now part of the campus of the University of Dundee.(2001).
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.