St Fillans Free Church, Newport-On-Tay - Ref: WC3041
St Fillans Free Church, Newport-on-Tay. The view is from Hillside Place (close to its junction with Cupar Road); the church stood at the crossroads of Hillside Place, William Street, King Street and Gowrie Street. Victorian children in the picture dressed in their Sunday best. The church was built in 1843 and demolished in 1981.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.