Smithy, Rait - Ref: WC3074
The village of Rait stands in the mouth of a small glen almost halfway between Perth and Dundee. The castle of Rait is now extinct. The burn to the foreground of the picture runs through the village effectively dividing the hamlet into two halves.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.