Shore Terrace, Dundee - Ref: WC0604
This photograph shows Dundee's Shore Terrace, with the junctions the south end of Castle Street and the west end of Exchange Street visible to the right of the image.
The Crown Hotel (with the bar just visible in the bottom left corner) was owned by Mrs E. Steel. The tobacconist next door was run by Jane Nicol. At No. 4 (in the same building) were Mitchell & Smith, produce bakers.
The offices of the Dundee, Perth & London Shipping Co., were at No. 5, and No. 6 housed various businesses, including David G. Adamson, described in the Dundee Directory as a wireworker. No. 10 was home to the Angus Chess and Whist Club.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.