Shepherd's Loan, Dundee - Ref: WC0599
This photograph is something of a problem, as a virtually identical image is captioned Taylor's Lane (WC0640.pcd). Maps of the 1890s show buildings on the east side of Taylor's Lane, but not Shepherd's Loan.
Unfortunately the Insurance maps of Dundee from this period do not cover that part of the city, so a definitive statement is not possible.
In either case, the streets run from north to south, from Perth Road in the distance at the left hand side to Magdalen Green in the foreground.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.