Scott's Close, Dundee - Ref: WC0582
The Dundee Directory for 1895-96 lists two streets in the city called Scott’s Close. One is given at No. 97 Overgate, and the No. 6 Hawkhill. It is impossible to say categorically which this is.
This photograph shows the alleyway that stood between two tenement blocks in Scott’s Close, with a gaslight, and a narrow exit below the fence. The buildings were all demolished shortly after it was taken.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.