School, Newport-on-Tay - Ref: WC3023
Newport-on-Tay school opened in 1879 next to the Blyth Hall. This building replaced the William Street School. The original building was extended in 1927 when the part of the building towards Scott St. was added.
Newport-on-Tay school . The original building was extended in 1927 when the part of building towards Scott Street was added.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.