School, Newport-on-Tay - Ref: WC3022
Newport-on-Tay school opened in 1879 next to the Blyth Hall. This building replaced the William Street School. The original building was extended in 1927 when the part of the building towards Scott St. was added.
Newport-on-Tay school covered all subjects until 3rd year in secondary beyond which stage pupils travelled to Dundee (Cupar and St. Andrews after 1933)
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.