Royal visit decorations, High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC1678
View of High Street/bottom of Overgate.
Photograph shows the Dundee Institute for the Blind shop in the background with sign for the Dundee Arms above. The Dundee Arms advertised a balcony to let for viewing the procession
The cost of the new Hospital was £50,000.00 which was raised by subscription. Those who subscribed were given tickets of admission to the lawn in front of the Hospital to see the opening ceremony.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.