Post Office, Newport-on-Tay - Ref: WC3019
Newport-on-Tay, Pierhead. This photo shows the premises of Alex Anderson, watchmaker and jeweller, the Post Office, Fentons painter and paperhanger.
The Mission Hall and smiddy which was powered by the water wheel. The smiddy was owned by Tayfield. Willie Young, son of John T. Young (cycle business) worked the smiddy.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.