Panmure House - Ref: WC3046
Panmure House, North of Carnoustie built in 1686 for the Earls of Panmure. The name Panmure thought to come from the words pant mawr meaning large hollow.
The house according to Warden of Angus is supposed to be built from plans prepared by Sir William Bruce for Earl Patrick. The erection of the house commenced about 1666.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.