St Andrews - Ref: WC3084
St Andrews North Street. The old fishing quarter was at the east end where small traditional houses still exist.
This street with its cobbles and bare-footed children was obviously a poorer part of the town.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.