Newport-on-Tay - Ref: WC3016
Newport-on-Tay, Pierhead. This photo shows Boat Road looking East. The first building on the near right is J.W.Fenton, painter and paperhanger, next door is the Post Office.
Adjoining the Post Office is the Mission Hall and smiddy.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.