Murraygate, Dundee - Ref: WC0389
Dundee's Murraygate is shown here at its western end, where it meets Commercial Street, which runs north to south from left to right.
The Dundee Directory lists the London Glove and Trim Co. at No. 1 Murraygate and No. 69 Commercial Street. Bodega Co., Ltd., the Spanish wine importers were at No. 3, M. J. Prophet the umbrella manufacturer was at No. 5.
The Imperial Auction Rooms at No. 7 belonged to Harris, Curr & Fyfe, who, according to the Dundee Directory were 'valuators of fine art and general property'. The street numbers then leap to No. 55, with A. G. Duncan the butcher at No. 57.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.