Millar's Wynd and Perth Road, Dundee - Ref: WC0385
This photograph looks eastwards along Perth Road, with Millar's Wynd leading northwards towards the Hawkhill to the left.
Robertson's coach hiring establishment was founded in the 1850s by J. M. Robertson. Since his death in c.1875, the business was continued by his wife, whose obituary is given in the Dundee Advertiser of 10th August 1899.
The company also owned Royal Stables in Yeaman Shore. On the opposite corner from William Coupar the bakers were James Aitken's the grocer, which became a SPAR supermarket in 1999.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.