Mid Kirk Style, Dundee - Ref: WC0381
This photograph shows Lindsay Street running north to south from left to right, with Mid Kirk Style leading off to the east and right and then Overgate running parallel (in front of William Low).
James B. Lawson is listed in the 1903-04 Dundee Directory as a wine and spirits merchant at No. 27 South Lindsay Street and 106-108 Overgate, and William Low as tea merchants.
The small building behind the railings, which surrounded the City Churches at that time, is shown on insurance maps of the time as a public lavatory.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.