Meadowside, Dundee - Ref: WC0378
This photograph shows the eastern side of Dundee's Meadowside, seen from the end of Bell Street. The street leading eastwards to the left is Baltic Street.
No. 57 Meadowside was occupied by the Midland Railway Company, agent W. J. Goodwin, who lived at No. 2 Collingwood Terrace, Barnhill. In the offices above were the consulting and mechanical engineer and valuator, David R. Stiven.
He lived at Fir Neuk in Blackness Road. The storey above was occupied by the merchants, Thomson, Fearns & Co. James Fearns lived at Roselea, Ferry Road in Monifieth, while Alexander Thomson lived at at No. 4 Osborne Place.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.