Magdalen Yard Road, Dundee - Ref: WC0348
This photograph shows Magdalen Yard Road running eastwards to the right, where it merges with Roseangle and leads on to the Perth Road.
The presence of the cannons dates the photograph to pre-1900, since the Town Council voted on 4th January that year that they should be removed to Dudhope Park.
The lower buildings to the left of the photograph housed the rope-making business of Thomas McIntosh.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.