Magdalen Yard Road, Dundee - Ref: WC0346
Though captioned Magdalen Yard Road, strictly speaking this photograph shows Magdalen Green, an area to the west of Magdalen Yard Road.
The two cannons were removed to Dudhope Park, according to a decision by the Recreations and Cemeteries Committee of the Town Council at a meeting of 4th January 1900.
Thomas McIntosh's sail, rope, twine, tent, tarpaulin and waterproof cover manufacturing business is listed in the Dundee Directory as No. 51 Magdalen Green.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.