Lindsay Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0334
South Lindsay Street is seen here at the junction with Overgate, near the Old Steeple, with Nethergate / High Street in the distance.
Next door to William Low & Company's grocery shop is probably Islay B. Murray's household agent, while No. 106 Overgate is James B. Lawson, a wine merchant.
These details match entries in the Dundee Directory for 1901.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.