Lindsay Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0336
In this photograph, Lindsay Street runs from north at the left hand side southwards, leading to Nethergate beyond the Old Steeple.
William Fenwick, the sanitary plumber, was at No. 11, and Joseph P. Shuttleworth, a weighing machine manufacturer, was at No. 9.
Not seen in the photograph, but immediately to the north of Fenwick's, were the Salvation Army Barracks.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.