Lindsay Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0338
This photograph shows Lindsay Street leading northwards from Nethergate, with the Old Steeple to the east.
Dr J. Stewart the dentist is listed in the Dundee Directory as Mrs Dr John Stewart. John Stewart was born in Friockheim, trained in Perth and worked in London, Paris, Boston and Philadelphia before settling in Dundee.
Inside the fencing around the Old Steeple is the Mercat Cross, which has been relocated to the front of the city churches.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.