Kinbrae House, Newport-on-Tay - Ref: WC3025
Kinbrae House, Newport-on-Tay. In 1870 many large villas were erected on the hill overlooking the Tay. One of the most notable of these is Kinbrae, a Scottish baronial mansion completed in 1872.
Kinbrae House, Newport-on-Tay completed in 1872 from designs by the late Mr. Heaton of Perth for Sir John Leng of the Dundee Advertiser and also founder of the Evening Telegraph.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.